Friday, May 16, 2008

Graduation among other things

Hi, my name is Molly and I give birth to kids that don't look like each other and don't look like me...I should get something for carrying them.


Kelli came to visit and work graduation...you have no idea how excited I was to see her!



What an incredible week. 30 Aggies FINALLY graduated from Texas A & M Qatar last night in a very emotional and moving ceremony. 16 women and 14 men...5 summa cum lade, 4 of which were women...ALL of them Engineers. A female Qatari graduate addressed the crowd about knowledge, empowerment and independent thinking. My friend Kelli did an outstanding job addressing the crowd and inducting the students into The Association of Former Students.





Afterwards the men danced a traditional dance with the Deputy Prime Minister and actually got jim Holste and Mark Weichold in there. It was awesome!!!! Click each below to watch the two videos





Jim dancing in the middle (he's the tall white guy if you couldn't tell ;-)


The only part that sucked was Kelli leaving for Texas and me puking my way home (must have been something I ate...and no, I didn't eat at graduation).



So, we are moving come June 1st into a new compound with 4 bedrooms and an office, 5 bathrooms, 2 living areas and a gigantor size kitchen breakfast area and dining room. Across from our villa in the compound is the pool, workout room, restaraunt, dry cleaners, etc... The people that live there seem really great.








Maddie is smiling...A BUNCH

Maddie and the AMAZING Josie, our nanny/maid




We bought the Honda MRV (read Pilot) so all that shit we talked about before we left about Volvo's and Armada's and BMW's turned into a Tahoe for Clifton and Pilot for me...at least mine is decked out with leather and sunroof...just like my last two vehicles. It's the car in front of the villa.




Jacob fell down and broke his face again


Clifton leaves for the states tomorrow...aughhhhhhh, but it's better for me to stay here right now.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Love the graduation pics. So sorry I didn't get to meet Kelly. I saw Clifton, but where in the crowd were you?
cathy

Cathy said...

Love the graduation pics! And aren't those cute babies :) Sorry I didn't get to meet Kelly...Glad you had a chance to show her around your new city!

Heather said...

I can't beleive how big Jacob is getting...he is all little boy...not more toddler!

I miss you and want to hear from you when you have a spare moment....I know that probably never happens!

Heather E.