Today is officially my bro's birthday...but you will have to refer to yesturdays post for my smart ass remarks.
So, we went to the beach today with our Canadian neighbors and their dog. Turns out that once we got there, they didn't really know if they knew the way...it's a good thing we found that out after we arrived. We all had a blast except for Maddie. We are in the middle of some very high winds that caused a bad sandstorm yesturday. It looked clear at 7 this morning, but was VERY windy when we got to the beach. Maddie eventually spent her time there in the car. The water was too cold even though it was 100 yesturday and 91 today...but Jacob prefers playing in the sand anyway....so we just ran up and down the surf and built sandcastles. It is the inland sea since it is the part of the gulf that is inbetween Qatar and Saudi. The Honda did good for the off-roading, but we will probably take the Tahoe next time.
Took us 1 hour to drive across the country and that includes 30 minutes of heavy road construction and 25 minutes of off-roading at low speeds.
And we are off
This is the natural habitat of Qatar....if there isn't a construction truck then you must be in Saudi...because there is a construction vehicle every 100 yards in this country and usually about 15 trucks in a 100 yards.
And then we turned off the road and drove out past any signs of civilization...there wasn't a road, a sign, not shit...just the Canadians and their compass.
10 minutes later and this is what we see
20 minutes later...where the hell are we
Random movie set in the middle of BFE...who ever thought I would say BFE and it be literal...we are literally in BFE 
More movie set
Movie Set Still...what was it? Ishtar? Transformers? Al Queda training video? Kidding...I googled it and it is known as the "Old Arab movie set"
There is like a 200 foot drop surrounding this lookout...how do you get up there?
Holy Hell we are here!!!!!!! We are the only ones here, but who truly knows where "here" is
BIG HELP
Isn't she pretty...hey it was windy
Jen, Ryan, and their kiddos Daniel and Thomas
I'm all about helping...just let me finish this cookie
Almost done with the cookie...I mean I like sand and trucks, but this is a cookie!
Pretty water ....that's Saudi straight across...literally just a few km across
Lots of hard work going on with these trucks

BIG HELP
Isn't she pretty...hey it was windy
Jen, Ryan, and their kiddos Daniel and Thomas
I'm all about helping...just let me finish this cookie
Almost done with the cookie...I mean I like sand and trucks, but this is a cookie!
Pretty water ....that's Saudi straight across...literally just a few km across
Lots of hard work going on with these trucks










1 comment:
so, this might be a sa question... so, why exactly did you have to travel across country to go to the beach... I mean, aren't y'all ON the beach in DOHA???
Post a Comment