The good news is that little Maddie has gained 3 pounds in one month!!!! She is now 3.7 kg (8 lbs 2 oz) and she has grown to 51.5 cm (20.3 inches) so when she was born she was at the 50th % for height and below 5% for weight. She is now in the 20% for weight and 25% for height. That is great news on the weight!!!! She is almost as big as her brother was at birth!!!
The so so news. Both hips do not rotate to the angle that they should and her right hip and leg is measuring smaller than normal. Hip dysplasia is common (1 out of 1000) for preemies, girls, breech babys and those with genetic history. Maddie was all 4, so what did we expect!!!! :) So the pediatric orthopaedist is having us double up on her diapers to force her hips out for 4 weeks and then we re-evaluate with an ultrasound after that to see if she needs casting or braces. I wore braces...it was fine, at least that's what I keep telling myself. So let's all keep our fingers crossed that the double diapers work and we can avoid all that other mess.
A Long Overdue Finale
16 years ago
4 comments:
ya know Molly she is gonna be fine....she is a tough little cookie :-) and I bet the double diapers will work-
She looked so sweet in her dress....what a doll.
Yes, I have faith that It'll all work out. I had to wear leg braces as a baby as well. It wasn't due to a hip issue, but my legs were crooked at birth. My toes pointed completely inward! But, look at me, my legs are fine now and I run marathons! :)
Molly, remember Michell was a premature. She had some problems and out grew them. She won district on high school diving team and played softball all her life. Remember this to will pass.
Love,
Aunt Barbaa
Molly, Michell was premature and had problems at birth. And everything turn out great. Remember she won district on the high school diving team and played softball all her life. This to will pass.
Aunt Barbara
Post a Comment