Friday, February 22, 2008

What's for dinner????

Brought to you by the Griffin boys playing Freebird on their famous broom guitars....


oh yeah...just like Lynard Skynard



So...."What are you eating is the most popular question asked of us from all of y'all.

Lots and Lots of beef and chicken, a little turkey (it is waaaay expensive) and so far Clifton says that most things I cook taste either the same or very close to the same. I have made Mexican, which gave me indegestion so bad I puked all night, baked chicken, fried okra, fries zuchinni, potatoes every which way, hamburger steaks, hamburger mac & cheese, ribeyes, fried chicken and on and on....



Anyone who knows me well, knows I have an obsession for white trash rolls...I look forward to the holidays so I can go by a tray for 50 cents at Kroger (or 12) oh, and for those not educated on the beauty of the WTRoll...it is the paper tray of a dozen rolls with the three little slits on top...I guess they are known as Brown and Serve...but I started calling them white trash or trailer trash rolls a few years ago and it took off...well Qatar has their own version of the "White Trash Roll". It is 27 cents for a package of 10 freshly baked pita bread thingys. Great for peanut butter, butter, honey etc....



As I mentioned before...I found cake frosting....now you can see why that is important. I like to cook, hate to bake, but I feel like I need to bake some shit right now...not sure if it is the pregnancy or the newly found housewife role or just the fact that carbs make you crave more carbs...but I plan on making all of this before Maddie comes. It turns out that cake is about the only thing that doesn't give me indegestion right now.


Never been big on Tex Mex...until you move away from Tex Mex...then you become the world's biggest fan. It's like the time I moved to the mountains for that physics internship and one of the girls I lived with from Maine hated Texans and country music (which I don't listen to) and the first thing I did was buy a cowboy hat that I wore constantly and download a crapload of Hank Jr. songs that I played on the loudest volume throughout the house.



My new obsession....things that come in cubes. I love cubed sugar. It was in the house when we moved in...I know we have all this stateside...but never would have thought to use sugarcubes prior to the move. I'm weird...you all have known that for awhile.


No explanation needed...





Never had junk food at the house...have no idea why we have so much here...





Beef is from Brazil or New Zealand. Chicken is from Brazil





Cokes.... (Soda for Courtney)







See, some fruits and veggies



So all in all...it is very normal here. We are all getting fat and will need extra seats on the plane when we travel back.
I fixed the Blog so everyone could comment now...
I have to go, it's time for me to cook again!

2 comments:

Lisa Bo Bisa said...

How do you do your roast?

Courtney said...

It's pop! And i was cracking up at the cabinet of shame.. it looks like my normal food cabinet!