Friday, February 15, 2008

2/7/08 Day 4: I found my sense of humor










New and Improved with Pictures!!!!




OK....so last night Jacob slept...he woke up at 2:30, but went back to bed shorlty after!!! We woke up early this morning and started our adventure.

So we went to the Drivers Lic. Office with Jacob. This place makes our DMV look like the friendliest most efficient place on earth. If one of y'all ever bitches about going to DPS again to me, I might punch you in the face. So we get there (which we had a driver take us and escort us through each of the steps....there is NO WAY we could have done it) he went off roading to get ther by the way. We were waaaaay off the grid and there was NO clear sign on the building. We get to the second floor and there are folks everywhere. They automatically make me go sit behind the desk because I'm a chicka, which pisses off Jacob severely and Clifton has to go sit in this other room. Advantage to being a woman who speaks english. You can only be eye tested by another woman who knows english and there was only one of them so they automatically send me to her room. I find out from her that I should have worn glasses in the picture that I took the night before saince I have to wear glasses....this sucks, but I talk my way out of it. Go through that, wait on Clifton then we go to another floor where the driver butts in line and starts shuffling paperwork and talking to all the folks behind the counter. After about 30 minutes we go to the counter and they look at us and then they hand us a sheet of paper and tell us to sit again. We do that for another 20 minutes and then they call us again and hand us our ID's after we pay something....not sure what.




So we get back to campus and I drive Jacob home after he checks out the cranes. (side note: My car: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/goodgollygriff/QF%20housing/Firstdays017.jpgClifton's is the same but white. they both have the hub caps zip tied on...I guess the rental company does that.) He even ran into the head of the campuses office because he has a good view of cranes from his window. Mark didn't mind, but it was slightly embarrassing. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/goodgollygriff/QF%20housing/Firstdays007.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/goodgollygriff/QF%20housing/Firstdays013.jpg
No momma...it's a big crane

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/goodgollygriff/QF%20housing/Firstdays014.jpg(notice the green stuff)

At the end of this email I will post a bunch of pictures of our house. Keep in mind we have not gotten our shipment yet.

So we went to the park again, this time later in the day. Tons of mom's, nannies and kids out there!!!! Jacob fell down and gave himself one hell of a bruise shortly after we got there....THANK GOD!!! all the mom's came running to see if he was okay and an hour later I had 15 new friends that live in my compound. Thanks for taking one for the team Jacob!!!! They are from all over the world and US and very helpful and cool! Later this evening, Jacob informed us that he "went to the park and broke his head"

Side note: he broke Clifton's heart when he asked if "my Justin coming to see me?" tonight.


Finally made spaghetti...that worked out....luckily most everything could be done stove top because everytime you turn on the oven you throw the breaker.

On the subject of food...some asked here is what I am eating...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/goodgollygriff/QF%20housing/Firstdays077.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/goodgollygriff/QF%20housing/Firstdays076.jpg

Things that get on my nerves so far. All the outlets look like this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/goodgollygriff/QF%20housing/Firstdays059.jpg

All the plugs look like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/goodgollygriff/QF%20housing/Firstdays061.jpg

We have adapters everywhere.

Nice new house...but then you will see something like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/goodgollygriff/QF%20housing/Firstdays064.jpgWhat the hell is that?

My slingbox isn't running yet, buut we have cable...it is 100 channels only 10 are in english, 3 american and they still think that Friends is on the air and they play the World According to Jim alot. I never knew that show really existed. They also showed a E! True Hollywood Story of Saved By the Bell during Jacob's naptime...riveting...did you know that the guy who played Screech felt left out both on and off screen. He goes on later in life to produce a home movie of sorts....but we won't go in to that here. Anyways, guess what one of the 10 english channels is: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/goodgollygriff/QF%20housing/Firstdays022.jpg
Yep...that's Joyce Meyers folks....straight from The Bible Network. Yeppers. TBN. Not sure why they choose that and Jim Belushi...but they do. Maybe it's a form of torture or maybe they want to remind their people that we may seem nice and all, but we give alot of airtime to Pat Robertson...who has much love for the middle east and the unfunny half of the Belushi brothers...so we are NOT to be trusted.

Before I forget: Clifton's office is the second door to the left (the first is Howard from Australia...he cusses alot so Clifton is in love)http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/goodgollygriff/QF%20housing/Firstdays010.jpg
The view from his office http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/goodgollygriff/QF%20housing/Firstdays012.jpg Camp Griffin BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not posting what things are in the house...It's a house, they are pretty standard. Except 2 out of the 4 bathrooms have a bedais..which Jacob is fascinated by.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/goodgollygriff/QF%20housing/Firstdays069.jpg

PS I found out what crawled up Jersey's butt...we have an outdoor cat next door that could be his twin...apparently they like each other.

1 comment:

ginngilaina said...

Looks pretty nice! THanks for sharing!