Monday, February 25, 2008

Flip dangit!!! I said FLIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So our dear darling daughter is still uside down which is right side up but upside down...you get the picture. They are going to try to manually flip her in a little less than two weeks. Why is this a big deal?

A. I don't want a c-section...lots of stairs in my house and I had a friend who had a very negative experience with her c-section about a year ago.

B. We have to pay for whatever birth method up front nad it will take months and months to be reimbursed. I don't think I have to let you know how much more a c-section is than a regular birth.

C. Apparently there is a slight risk to early labor if we try to flip her. So, that's why they are waiting to do it for a few more weeks. She will be 37 weeks at the time. She is measuring much smaller than Jacob was...(but so am I) but she looks healthy...so all is good.

Other news:

It's 8:40 in the morning here on Monday (so Clifton's second day at work this week) and I just realized that the race is rescheduled to start at midnight BCS time...20 minutes from now. So, I am glad I had no plans for today. Looks like I will be watching the race and then the Oscars tonight.

Or something like that.

Here is a brief informational video on why I should be saving for college tuition and not waiting on any kind of athletic scholarship on this one...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v456/goodgollygriff/QF%20housing/?action=view¤t=Firstdays136.flv






Oh, I've been told that the comments portion of the blog has been acting up!...I

Edit: Okay...it's 9:08 and the race is still not on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Molly c-sections aren't that bad-
I did ok and Robin did great- there are 13 steps just to get into my house no matter which door you use. then another 13 to get to the bedrooms and she did good. Not saying that it hurts...but if you have to have one, you will be ok.

Gem said...

It looks like my grandson is doing all his parents taught him.

Heather said...

Oh Molly---I know you want her to flip! I hope she cooperates....and I hope you have a jar of Texas soil to put under the table so she is still born a Texan...you do right?
:)
Heather E