Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Career Change

So Howdy!!!!

First and foremost I have an announcement. Courtney who is the cool friend I live vicariously through, because she is one adventure after another...(and before I get the emails...I know I'm not exactly boring...but Courtney surpasses me 10 fold on the coolness factor and apparently she can braid bacon and I know in ten years she will have her own show on cable...we just don't know what channel, could be Discovery, Travel, Anmal Planet, HGTV, Spice)...ANYWAYS...Courtney got her 2008-2009 academic year internship in SWEDEN!!!!! So she is going to finish up her master's thesis in Seattle and then our lovely Courtney will be off to Sweden to tackle the world of environmental engineering and frolick with her boy Blake who is doing something engineering as well. I am so so so so proud of her and can't wait to visit!!!!

Some of my favorite Courtney shots...

Anyways... as you can tell from my last post, I should become a graphic artist. My mother said that my brother was the artistic one in the family...but I believe that she is wrong. I would have never found my hidden talent if I didn't move to Middle East and become a stay-at-home-mom...but I did and it gave me some time to explore my hidden talents and I think that I will quit the enviromental track and become a full time artist.

I am working on a portfolio...Jacob has been helping...he actually has kind of ruined some of these with his scribbling it is very very sad...but I don't want to hurt his feelings...maybe one day he will have the mad drawing skills of his mother..if he is lucky.



CRANE

TRACTOR IN MOTION




DIGGER ON DIRT




DIGGER COLD AND ALONE




PURPLE




TOW TRUCK OVER SCRAPER AND CRANE





BULLDOZER


FORKLIFT CHASING DUMPTRUCK IN ANGER



DIGGER OR TRACTOR


stepped out on this one....all great artists do self portraits this one is futuristic though


it is called GRIFFIN FAMILY IN FALL


the clue is that the baby is there and apparently i have lost all the pregnancy weight


Finally I give you: TRAIN

I know I know....you didn't know I had it in me. Impressive...it is a good thing I found out now. Think of all those years I wasted at A&M and working....

Clifton is learning how to post on the Blog...he is going through the process of purchasing our first vehicle over here and since he is doing this all on his own without my "help" he will have to tell you all about it. Let me just say it's a doozie of a tale and "we" are still going through the process...I'm not sure if it is hilarious or tragic.

I check into the hospital at 8 am in the morning for the flip. It will be close to your morning time before I can post about it...IF i don't go into labor.

No comments: