I needed OUT...out of Doha, away from the smog and crowds and traffic and I needed a break from the two precious little babies we have at home. So Clifton took me to Al Jissah which is 45 minutes from Muscat in Oman. (an hour flight from Doha, it's between Dubai and Yemen ). Josie stayed with the babies...(they did fantastic). We decided to do it right and stayed at the Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort and Spa...
Words cannot describe how beautiful this place is, it is secluded away from the rest of Oman. We could not believe we were in the Middle East. We had an absolute incredible time the entire time we were there. I cannot remember a time that Clifton and I enjoyed ourselves more....Oman is literally breathtaking.
Okay, not this part...but the rest is awesome!!!
Tunnel to enter the resort (on the other side of the mountain)
This is our room walkway. Clifton took this from our patio....
Clifton smoking sheesha at AL Bustan.
One thing I love about the Middle East...they make killer drinks without alcohol...All of the restaraunts (there is like 15 at the resort plus several coffee shops and bars) were great! All of our meals were killer, from the Califronia grill to the South American Buffet to the gourmet "real" italian food restaraunt (with Pork).....Our sheesha tent was right off the beach with the live arabic band not far from us. Shortly after this, 3 pretty cool German couples asked to join us!
It is a really really really long resort.
They bring you fresh towels and a little guy would come by and vclean our sunglasses for us....seriously.
You can see a bit of Al Husn the private part of the hotel behind me.
They seriously had like 20 pools...this is just one of them. They would have all these pools and then chairs in nooks and crannies so you could have as much privacy as possible.
Right next to this boat, a massage therapist from the spa named Micheal gave me a back massage on the beach. They just brought their little table down and went right to work....it was AWESOME!!!!!!
I named him Omar.
I like them as long as they have a muzzle on them!
Right by our room.

A really really nice German man stopped and took our picture. There was a huge 400 person conference going on with Oracle while we wered there. I would say 95% of the people were European. The Germans were the nicest of the bunch! Even though the conference booked the place...you never felt like you were being over run by them...they just added to the liveliness at the bars and restaraunts at night....but in a good way.
We are the last room on the bottom floor on the left.
So while you hang out at the pool, a guy will come by with fresh cold face towels and ice cold melon for free....so nice.
This is close to the spa Chi where Clifton ad a very very deep tissue massage.
Me on the lazy river. This was a great way to get sun! It stretched from our part of the resort (al Waha) to the other part of the resort (Al Bustan) there is a third more private part of the resort...but I only have a few pictures of that. The next few pictures I took from the river. If you are interested....I took about 60 of this alone.




towards Al Bustan

the beginning of Al Waha
Floating towards Al Waha (our hotel)
He kinda looks naked here...it makes me smile!!!!
Clifton on the lazy river.
The view from our hotel door. We were in the last suite, ground floor at the very end next to the bottom of the mountain. The only entrance to oyur room was from the beach. It was very quiet and very private. We spent every evening out on the patio just looking at the stars and hanging out. We even saw a fox the last night we were there.
Clifton in his 12th man shirt
Old Fort close up
A really pretty mosque
We missed y'all too!
The drive through Muscat was really cool. Not only does the landscape look like Alberqurque (sp?) but the traffic was ordered and not aggressive. The air was clean, the people were all so very friendly and there were tons of Omanis...including our Audi drivers. (they fill their own work class...like the states) I can't speak to the other hotels and resorts, but I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Shangri-La Resort and Spa in Al Jissah . It was expensive, but you get what you pay for...everything and I mean EVERYTHING was perfect. Food, people, service, room, atmosphere...PERFECT!!!!
3 comments:
what a fun get-away! I'm mad Marcus & I weren't invited -- a get away from the kids, man, we need a nannie! :)
glad you had a relaxing, peaceful time!
Miss you guys!
Kelli
Wow, looks absolutely amazing. And you look so stunning, Molly. I miss you. Send me an email sometime. ginny.morrison@gmail.com. I always mean to try to call you just to say hello, but I always think of it at inopportune time.
Molly,
I am so happy that Clifton and you were able to get away for a holiday. As part of an old married couple I can say that you will fondly remember the Oman trip many, many years from now. That is one awesome resort.
Keep the cheap oil and gas flowing; Detroit depends on it.
Kevin O
Post a Comment