Saturday, February 7, 2009

I'm back

I will post more later, but the trip to N'zwa was a success!!!!! Shell is by far the best company I have ever interacted with and their geologists are just brilliant. My student, Khalid-SHINED!!! He was simply fantastic. We were several thousand meters up in the Omani mountains and we hiked that dang thing in three days from top to bottom (and I am accutly aware of my shins and calves at this moment) and actually got to stay in a small place in the area. We mixed in a bit of culture by visiting a few villages along the way...I will tell you all about it tomorrow, but here are at least a "few" pictures of the area. AMAZING!!!!!


























































Note the clouds below






















































2 comments:

bdoepker said...

Cool photos. I dig the new look of the blog.

bdoepker said...

Cool photos. I dig the new look of the blog.