So day one was us landing, pets arriving, reno scaring the crap out of customs because golden's are so intemidating, house nice, 2 cars there, internet (interwebbing for you J and J) functional for 30 seconds and some food. We all crashed around 11pm our time. Taking us into day 2 we have Jacob's internal clock completely jacked up so he is up and down constantly. We go to the first and closest grocery store Family Food Center. Very local with some american. Get the fixings for spaghetti and some other stuff to eat as well as basic spices. Then later that evening we try Carrefour (french owned walmart type place)) it is in a mall. We get lost on our way....found the prison YIKES!!!!! And then Carrefour is in the mall. Well Vellagio Mall which is upscale. The only thing I cam afford in there is Gap and Banana Republic and (they charge triple) so Carrefour is full of americans, europeans and rich qatari's. They charge duoble FFC but it is very well laid out. Am big mix of euro, american and ME brand. They even carry Kroger brand (for 10 times what you would pay at Kroger) we only get a few american items but mostly local at both, better get on board early. We buy a hairdryer, curling iron, trash baskets, alarm clocks and such there. Ended up spend so much time there that we forgo cooking and get some of the best fried chicken I have ever had. Jacob has a terrible night. I am up with him from 1230am till 430am. Day 3: clifton to go in to work for half a day in the morning. He ends up there all day till 5 with no lunch break. They are making sure he earns that money. Wake jacob at 930 to try to get him on schedule. He and I go to the park and play....which is awesome! when clifton gets home, we all go to get these I'd photos at another mall called landmark. It is more my price range and we eat dinner in the food court (pizza hut for me and clifton and mc d's happy meal for J). This mall is easier to get to! Fill up for gas. Takes 5 bucks to fill the tank. Now I am going to sleep. We have to show up for eye exams for driving permits early in the am. I have a doctors appt on sunday at noon. Yippee and all is well if I can get j on schedule. Reno is doing better than expected. Jersey literally bellyaches all the time which is unlilke him. I hope he settles in soon. J is a hit here. He has probably had hisd cheek touched or his hair touched at least 100 times. The locals and other nationalities adore children, but esp. Blonde hair, blue eyes. He will have to come out of his shell!I will send the funny stuff soon... I promise!later!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment